Poole Group Wins Xero Accounting Partner of the Year!!!!
What an awesome few days it has been. Xero has done another awesome job at putting on another extravagant annual conference, Xerocon, in Sydney. So much to take away from this year’s event.
So what was the main message at this conference? “Technology will affect your business…NOT IF, but when…” There are more people in the world using mobile devices than toothbrushes! Maybe there’s an app for that now?
THE KEY TAKEAWAY
Have a digital strategy and take advantage of cloud computing. It doesn’t have to be big and complicated, just put yourself in your customers shoes and think about what they want.
Things to look forward to:
- Purchase Orders –The long awaited feature we’ve all been waiting for.
- Quotes – The standard features you would expect plus in a subsequent release the ability for the client to accept/decline/comment an online version of the document.
- ‘Lite’ Inventory – Basic management of items you buy and sell with the ability to track along with an asset value. Stock adjustments and stocktakes included too.
- Reporting – Allowing grouping, filters, multi-select and saving report settings. Updates to be rolled out to key reports first then gradually to all the rest.
- Files – Storing your documents in Xero. Ability to attach documents to any transaction in Xero not just expense receipts and bills.
- Leave – A redesign of the leave process giving managers great visual tools.
GALA AWARDS NIGHT
And Friday night was our chance to let our hair down, replace our Poole Group Polos for fancy Suit & Tie for a night of dancing and mingling at the Xero Awards Dinner @ The Star.
There were 7 awards announced:
- Emerging Add-on – Invitbox
- Add-on of the Year – Receipt Bank
- Marketing Innovation – Interactive Accounting
- Xero 100% Cloud – Growthwise
- Fastest Growing Partner – Fresh Numbers!
- Bookkeeping Partner of the Year – Eye on Books
And…the Pièce de Résistance – Accounting Partner of the Year….drumroll…POOLE GROUP!!!!!
Considering the callibre of Accountants & Bookkeepers in the room, this came as a total surprise.
A HUGE thank you to our clients who made the move to Xero. Without your continual support, this would not have been possible.