Female Founders Co-Investment Fund: A Business Grant Opportunity
Are you a female entrepreneur with an innovative business idea? Do you need funding to take your startup to the next level? If so, the Female Founders Co-Investment Fund could be just the opportunity you’re looking for.
The Female Founders Co-Investment Fund
This pilot fund is a unique business grant specifically designed to support eligible female-founded businesses undertaking a new pre-seed or seed capital raise. The main aim of this fund is to help Queensland-based female entrepreneurs gain access to funding, grow their innovative businesses, and increase their participation in the Queensland innovation ecosystem.
Beyond just providing financial support, the fund also aims to help grow an investment pipeline, supporting female founders to secure new investments that will enable them to build their business capacity. This initiative is a significant step towards achieving gender equality in entrepreneurship and contributing to the economic growth of Queensland.
The Female Founders Co-Investment Fund is open to businesses that meet specific eligibility criteria. To be eligible, the female founder should:
- Be a Queensland-based business
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Be a 100% female-founded business (at the point of incorporation)
- Have more than 50% female ownership (at the time of application)
- Have no more than 50 full-time employees
- Not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time employees
- Not have received investment through previous capital raises, grant funding, or accelerators totalling more than $500,000
- Not be a current or past recipient of the Ignite Ideas Fund
- Be undertaking pre-seed or seed eligible investment from an approved eligible investor
Applications and Deadlines
The good news is that applications for this fund may be submitted at any time. The fund will remain open until all the allocated funds have been exhausted, giving ample time and opportunity for potential applicants to compile all the necessary documentation and submit their applications.
If you’re interested in this opportunity and want to learn more about the program, you can watch an informative session that provides detailed information on the fund, including how to apply. To access the session, simply click on the link below:
This is a fantastic opportunity for female founders to gain the financial support they need to grow their businesses. Don’t miss out on this chance!