Paying a tradie, cleaner or courier contractor?
If you’ve paid a tradie, cleaner or courier contractor to help in the last year, you might need to lodge a Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR).
You may need to lodge a TPAR if your business:
- is primarily in the building and construction industry and paid contractors to provide building and construction services – including carpentry, engineering, architects and consultants.
- provides cleaning or courier services and paid contractors to provide these services on your behalf.
The 2019 TPAR was due 28 August 2019.
Haven’t lodged yet? You can lodge online – it:
- is quick, easy and secure
- ensures you complete the report correctly
- gives you an online confirmation once your report is lodged.
You also have the option of lodging on paper.
Made a mistake?
If your report was lodged online using business software that offers TPAR, you can generate an amended report using your software.
If you lodged differently, you can amend the report through:
- the TPAR online form available through ATO online services for individuals and sole traders or the ATO Business Portal
- the paper form Taxable payments annual report.
Need help? Call one of our qualified accountants to assist you with your TPAR requirements on 07 5437 9900.
Information supplied by the Australian Taxation Office.
Having been in the tech industry for over 14 years, Angie has seen all forms of technology evolve exponentially. Angie is part of Poole Group's Automation Projects team, developing their internal system to automate workflow and helping small businesses to implement Xero Apps.